This training programme leads to the award of the New Zealand Certificate in Security (Foundation) (Level 3).
It covers the skills and knowledge needed to perform basic security services safely and effectively by taking a professional approach using observation, communication, conflict management, customer service and teamwork skills.
People who have this qualification have demonstrated that they can:
- Communicate effectively with security management and staff, clients, and the public, while carrying out security work.
- Conduct self professionally, and apply knowledge of New Zealand Law relevant to the security industry to comply with organisational and client requirements.
- Operate security equipment and technology while carrying out security work.
- Apply knowledge of confidentiality, corporate sensitivity, privacy and specific client requirements, to protect clients in a security context.
- Apply knowledge of personal safety, situational awareness and risk assessment as it relates to workplace health and safety in order to carry out security work, including working in isolation.
- Respond to incidents, events, and emergency situations, and interact with other organisations including emergency services in a security work context.
You will learn through workshops, independent study using workplace documents, study guides, online resources and doing on-job training. You will complete assessment tasks to demonstrate that you can make responsible decisions and respond appropriately in typical security situations.
The NZQA unit standards required for the COA are included in this certificate. If you have already completed your COA you do not need to repeat those standards and you are already on the way to gaining your Level 3 qualification.
Our trainers guide you as you learn practice the skills you that need to gain the certificate.