This course aims to provide frontline workers with the knowledge and skills to identify agitated behaviour early and to select and apply approaches to de-escalate tense situations. Completing this course will allow you to upskill yourself which may lead to more opportunities in the security industry.
People who complete the course will have demonstrated that they can:
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge of the causes and development of conflict
- Recognise worrying or unsafe behaviour and respond by selecting from standard de-escalation techniques and strategies to keep themselves and others safe
- Select from and apply strategies to self-manage their response to conflict and the stress it causes
The course is registered as a micro-credential at Level 3, 10 Credits, on the NZ Qualification Framework.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through blended methods, including face-to-face practical workshops, interactive online learning and workplace experiences.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, below are the criteria for enrolment:
- Learners of this course have to be working in the security industry
- Employers will nominate learners who work in front-line positions and have the minimum English language and computer skills required
To learn more about this programme please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 20 422 4488
To enrol, please talk to your employer or contact us directly.